9 books creative women will want to read
i don't know what's going on, but i have more books on my amazon wishlist than ever before. none of the following books have been released but they look so good i'm pretty much going to pre-order all of them and eat mac and cheese from a box for the rest of the month. happily.
- your inner critic is a big jerk by danielle krysa // i love danielle (the jealous curator). her first two books (collage and creative block) are staples on a lot of artists' bookshelves.
- in the company of women by grace bonney // this can't come soon enough. so many inspiring women on these pages. i want it now!
- ladies drawing night by julia rothman, leah goren and rachael cole // all star cast. ladies. getting together. drawing. yes.
- the girl with a lower back tattoo by amy schumer // ummm, i love her. i admire her truthiness.
- scrappy little nobody by anna kendrick // she's hilarious and i want to be friends with her but i'm a little intimidated by her quick wit.
- on the loom: a modern weaver's guide by maryanne moodie // i love, love, love her weavings on instagram, and she has such a soothing manner of teaching. (i bought the crafter's box where maryanne taught rya weaving.)
- DIY woven art : by rachel denbow // another weaving book because i'm totally obsessed right now. and i've followed rachel on her blog for a million years and she has always has great DIYs.
- Run Fast. Eat Slow. by Shalane Flanagan and Elyse Kopecky // whole foods. yummy recipes (i've tasted a couple and they are amazing!) and oh yeah, shalane is a 4 TIME OLYMPIAN and is a member of the bowerman track club that trains here in portland. my kids run for the youth division of bowerman track club and i have to tell you the coaches and elite athletes helping the team are really good people.
- draw every day, draw every way by jennifer orkin lewis (aka august wren) // we all know i'm a fan of every day projects. and i'm a huge fan of jennifer! she's as nice in person as her art is online!
** the links above are affiliate links. this means if you purchase anything from amazon using these links, i'll get a little money at no extra cost to you. i only promote things i use and love (or in this case 100% think i'm going to love!) thank you for your support.