licensing your art :: resources
at alt summit, i was fortunate enough to sit in on a roundtable discussion called "licensing your art", taught by marisa of creative thursday. since then, i've spent enormous amounts of time online researching art licensing and i know it's for me! one of my goals is to license my art. meaning i make art, and manufacturers pay me to use it to decorate products such as wallpaper, fabric, stationery, home decor, etc.
in case you are interested in learning more about art licensing, here are some awesome resources ::
- true up - kimberly kight's amazing, resourceful blog about fabric. also check out kim's book, and the true up fabric design forum
- lizzy house's ebook
- obviously i have to mention the art and business of surface pattern design class i'm taking. it's in session right now, but will begin again in april.
- sellable sketch - an e-course about how to develop a surface design collection
- pattern people's design tools
- art licensing info
- joan beiriger's blog is full of info
- classes offered at surtex
- khristian howell's ebooks, especially obsessed. a really informative and inspiring read!
i'm sure i'm missing a couple resources, so if you know of any please let me know.