what i've been reading
i've been hunkering down into some good books lately. i thought i would share them with you here. we'll start with some non-fiction books for being productive and chasing down those goals and dreams.
- show your work. i love this little book packed with gems about how to get your work out there.
- the big leap :: i'm still reading this one. and it's good. lots of oh-my-gosh-this-is-totally-me moments.
- the miracle morning :: quick read about how to become more productive and work towards your dreams and goals by getting up and doing 6 key things each morning. now i just need to put this into practice. can someone please tell my puppies that when i say i want to wake up early, i do NOT mean 4:30am.
- write it down, make it happen :: i'm a big dreamer. i dream all kinds of things and i believe they can happen. but i haven't been one who writes them down. this book shows how much power you give a goal or dream by writing it down. after reading this book, i've been writing them down. i'll keep you updated.
- the success principles (TM) :: okay. do not judge this book by its cover. i would never have picked up this book in a bookstore and would have been grossed out. i don't usually seek out older men in suits talking about money and success and wealth and that's what i see on this cover. (sorry mr canfield.) but somehow i came across a speech he gave online and i loved what he said and i got this book. i'm only half way through but i love it. yes, it does talk about wealth and money, but that is certainly not the main focus. he gives great tips on how to get to where you want to be. for some that means selling millions of widgets. for me it means other things and this book is helping me figure out how to get there. give this one a chance. seriously. it's changing my outlook on life to a much more positive one.
and now for the fiction books ::
- divergent :: i finally jumped on the bandwagon and finished this and insurgent in a few days. thank you, kids, for letting me ignore you for a bit. will be reading allegiant very soon.
- a hologram for the king :: i'm not finished with this yet, but i'm enjoying it. this is my soak-in-the-tub read, so i'm reading it in small doses.
if you are on goodreads, let's be friends.
also, the above links are affiliate links through amazon, so if you buy any books after clicking the links, i'll get a few cents with which i will buy more books. or candy.